The electric car revolution is underway; it’s an exciting technological shift that is delivering better air quality and better health outcomes in our cites as well as a reduction in carbon emissions as humanity transitions to a zero carbon future. It really is very exciting and at Mountain Ridge we are keenly playing our part.
Electric cars are spreading fast
There are over three million electric cars operating globally. In 2019, 6700 electric cars were sold in Australia, although only representing 0.6% of sales the number is rising fast. In the UK only electric cars will be able to be sold from 2035, and similar policies are emerging globally.
Electric cars at Mountain Ridge
Here at Mountain Ridge we have done the following:
- Installed 4 car charging points (2 Tesla, 2 Universal Type 2 charger)
- Installed 16KW of Photovoltaic panels to supply renewable energy to our customers
- Upgraded our electrical infrastructure to 3 phase to handle the increased loads charging requires
- Invested in an Electric Limo – Our Mountain Ridge First Edition Jaguar I Pace
- Invested in Jaunt Motors to electrify our Series 3 Land Rover into an electric adventure vehicle.
- Created the Electric Servo and Eco Shop at Mountain Ridge Lookout.
Get creative to win
We want you to be part of it too. You can support the electric car revolution by buying our special edition Jaunt selection pack of wines and entering a competition to win your own electric vehicle adventure. A proportion of the sales will go directly to Jaunt to continue their development. The six pack includes two special edition organic wines with Jaunt labels and the very best from our 2019 vintage.
To enter the competition buy the six pack from the online shop and then cut out the Land Rover marked on the box. Then build your own! Use anything you like, as long as it includes the cut out, post a picture of your Jaunt creation on facebook or instagram tagging Mountain Ridge Wines with the hashtag #JauntMountainRidge. Entries close 31st March 2021.
First prize – electric limo and stay at Paperback Camp, worth $1750!
The first prize is an electric pioneering adventure (valued at $1750). We will pick you up from where you can get to within 100km of Mountain Ridge in our electric limo, feed you fine food and wine, enable you to have your own electric adventure, give you the tools and a map and send you on your way to the luxury eco resort Paperbark Camp in Jervis Bay for a delicious dinner and overnight stay.
They’ll look after you and then you can come back for wine tasting before choosing six of your favourite to take home. To celebrate your eco adventure we will invite you to plant a tree at Mountain Ridge. Finally we will drive you back to your pick up point in the I Pace.
The prize includes:
- Transfers in Jaguar I Pace
- Lunch for two at Mountain Ridge Restaurant
- Familiarisation with Jaunt Land Rover round the farm, followed by your own Jaunt 24 hour adventure
- One night stay for two at Paperbark camp in a deluxe safari tent, including dinner, bed and breakfast.
- Wine tasting at the Lookout Electric Servo
- 6 Mountain Ridge Wines of your choice
- Tree planting
Second prize – tour Mountain Ridge in our Jaunt electric Landrover, picnic and wine tasting, worth $400!
There are five second prizes to be won (valued at $400) – our Jaunt Electric Picnics.
Come to Mountain Ridge and we’ll take you for a familiarisation drive in our Jaunt, before sending you out to one of our many great local picnic spots in our Jaunt with a Mountain Ridge picnic. Come back for a wine tasting and we’ll send you home with six of our wines of your choice.