Winery in Berry, Shoalhaven
We produce and sell Shoalhaven Coast Wines made here at Mountain Ridge. We also are continually on the search for high quality grapes from surrounding regions to experiment with and continue our winemaking adventure. Come in and taste our produce, discuss it with our knowledgeable team and take what you like home.
We produce Shoalhaven Coast Wines from our own estate grown grapes and also have two sister vineyards, Bawley Vale Estate and Stone Cottage; we make wine from their grapes too. In addition to that we source grapes from other regions, particularly Hilltops and the Central Ranges to make our reds.
An ever-evolving wine list
The wine list is always evolving as we introduce new wines, and as vintages roll over. Our liqueurs are developing a following, and we have become particularly renowned for our liqueur slushies.
Visiting our cellar door
Our Lookout Cellar Door offers seated wine tastings with views taking in Berry Mountain, Cullunghutti Mountain and across to the Seven Mile Beach.
Our knowledge team offer two tasting experiences.
Coast to Country Tasting $10pp
Joining our Coast to Country group wine tasting is a fantastic way to meet new friends over a glass of wine while experiencing the best of our Shoalhaven Coast Wines and learning from our knowledgable team. Group tastings are the social way to discover our most popular wines and hear the stories of Mountain Ridge. Perfect for the first time visitor, medium size groups or guests short on time.
Our Coast to Country Wine Tasting Includes:
- Seated 45 minute Wine Tasting Experience at our Lookout Cellar Door
- Taste 5 of our most popular wines, chosen by our wine maker that exemplify the region, plus our famous liqueur
- Maximum number of guests in each session is 20 allowing plenty of opportunity to ask questions and purchase your favourites
- Option to make your experience extra special by adding a cheese board of local produce or bread board to enjoy with your tasting experience
Personalised Wine Flight $25pp
Choose our personalised wine flight to curate your own tasting and enjoy a more intimate experience, maximum 6 guests. Perfect for small groups, couples, returning guests looking to delve deeper into our wine list and those with more time to relax. Our premium wine flight experience includes:
- A dedicated and knowledgeable member of our cellar door team to guide you through our wine list
- A seated 60 minute private tasting overlooking Berry Mountain
- Curate your own tasting selection of up to 6 wines plus our famous liqueur and liqueur slushie
- A selection of local cheeses and chocolate hand chosen to accompany your tasting experience
The cellar door is a place where we can also show and celebrate artists of the Shoalhaven and their work. As you enjoy and muse the wine list you might find inspiration in the Mountain Ridge Art Collection. We continue to support artists in the Shoalhaven by purchasing their work, commissioning their services and using their pictures for our wine labels.
Our theme is Environment, Sustainability, Flora and Fauna of the Shoalhaven.
Wine tastings are performed in our Lookout Cellar Door with all guests seated. Coast to Country tasting is charged at $10pp and a personalised tasting is $25pp.
Bookings are recommended and wine tastings must be booked separately to restaurant reservations.
Please note we are a small venue and unable to accommodate hens or bucks parties.
Choose your preferred date on the calendar to check availability and book now.